Staying in touch and music are integral parts of our everyday life, and any device that affords these aspects at almost any point in time is equally essential. Earbuds make our lives a dozen times easier by simplifying our connection with the smartphone and also playing a part in inspiring us through the gym workout. However, myriad models are competing for your pocket, and getting the best wireless earbuds among them might not be very straightforward. As such we have made it our purpose in this review to make sure you make an informed decision when looking for the Best Wireless Earbuds. Time is everything so let us get started!
Best Wireless Earbuds 2018
1) Bose SoundSport – Best Wireless Earphones
Talk about sound quality, and you wouldn’t last 20 minutes without talking about the Bose Sound port Wireless. At just under 10 euros, they are dedicated to offering excellent quality that will give you a hard time finding a paralleled performance from other earbuds on the market.
The quickly advancing times with an increasing need for wireless technology haven’t spared headphones in the slightest of ways. The prospect of having no hardwires between the headphones makes you feel ‘living with the times.’ They aren’t the likes of the Apple Air pods regarding the finesse that goes into the design, but they have a lot of show to throw on the earbud stage.
The remote boasts of a negligible weight that won’t drag your neck down thus eliminating any feeling of an uncomfortable liability on your body. The Bose Sound-port wireless provides a silicone rubber that gets along with the lines of your ear thus keeping it glued to your ear no matter the gym activity you are involved in.
- An essential piece of information attached to these phones is that they are resistant to fluid infiltration and splashes that may wreck your gym experience.
- They have an IPX4 certification to back up their resistance to water means leaving anyone with a good reason to discard any fears to do with damage due to any water.
- The device has a commendable battery pack that gives you the possibility of having six hours in between charges which is quite a reasonable amount of time.
- The NFC option offers another reason to be joyous for this gadget. It brings the possibility of connecting with your earbuds through a simple screen swipe or touch.
- The powerful and punchy bass doesn’t tarnish the rhythm and impact of a track and an exceptional all-around performance that preserves the consistency and fidelity of the tone that is rare in most buds within the same price tag range.
- The IPX4 certification assures safety as far as protection from water infiltration is concerned.
- It has a reasonable amount of battery life.
- It has excellent extra features which include the NFC.
- It provides a secure design that prevents frequent falling off.
- The cords connected to the bud can be a bit irritating for some people.
These earbuds certainly deserve a place on any guide tackling the best buds around. They do not have any quality inadequacies when compared with their SoundSport cousins and retain the familiar legacy of comfort, superior sound profile, and a reasonable price tag.
2) Jaybird X3 – Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Let’s be real, one of the most annoying things that go along with less than average headsets are falling out while you are jogging your way through the early morning breeze. To any active lifestyle enthusiast, having a headphone that constantly gets out of your ear while it’s supposed to serve the much-needed role of inspiring you through the highs and lows of the terrain is the worst nightmare.
The Jaybird X3 proves to be one of the high-end earbuds out there that satisfy most consumer’s wireless headphones needs. Though the sound quality is not a perfect fit when compared with the rest of theBest Wireless Earbuds , it is still worth a few minutes of consideration.
The first instance with this pair of headsets will give you nothing much more than the usual pair of headsets you will encounter. They have rugged earpieces and a connecting cable with a remote-control device placed on one of them.
Some highlights make them stand out from most of the earbud crowd. It seems the designers put in a hand of ingenuity that brought in a pair of ear hooks that will make any runners experience more than average. The ear hooks are exceptionally effective in essence. The base is kind of stiff and accompanied by a flexible top following a honeycomb pattern that brings a few advantages in the vault. If you want to pop them out of your ears easily, you will just need a simple upward pull. These earphones come with a dock that is compatible with four metal charge points situated on the remotes back. The dock comes in handy regarding preventing the destructive water leak that may cut your earphones life short.
The Jaybirds imposing a style on your ears makes sure you have a filled-in ear feeling which is something that may not be a favorite to some people. Though this may be, it provides the extra advantage of some splendid noise isolation.
If you take a look at the tip, you won’t be disappointed as well. The Jaybirds design gets outside the box and adopts a ridge-shaped cone. They will need to be pushed in with a bit more firmness otherwise they will dislodge easily.
It seems this kind of design was deliberately chosen to raise the water resistance bar as the aperture is big enough for a pair of 6-millimeter drivers. The Jaybird X3s is, in essence, a specialist of fitness and design. The devices closet holds a lot more though with a reliable Bluetooth and a great battery life that won’t blow up your expectations unless you are quite an extreme tech nerd.
The manufacturers of this product fell for a treble system that emphasizes clarity rather than an imposing bass to raise your adrenaline levels. They have a low end that has an incredible feel to it that will almost appeal to anyone who is not a big fan of bass. They simply have one of the cleanest sounds that are accompanied with great treble detail. If you fancy yourself a discerning treble enthusiast, you are sure to find it an attractive exploit. Compared with the Beyer dynamic Byron BT, the jaybird X3s sound quality seems lagging a bit behind regarding mid-range character distinctiveness with better refinement and texture.
Honestly speaking, the Jaybirds commitment to safety and functionality make it one of the best active user’s buds on the market today. Having these will make you one of the most comfortable runners or workout freaks enjoying some pretty solid and energetic sounds available. Though it has an air of solidity to it, explore and you will find out that there may be some better buds with a higher-grade sound quality.
3) Senso – Best Wireless Earbuds For Working Out
The design excellence is coupled with a superior performance which is more than satisfactory for any average tech enthusiast. Let us spend a few moments of appreciation of the devices highlights.
Design prowess permeates through the product’s outlook as soon as one gets it out of the box. An overall black design that takes the form of a hook with red ear cups to sync with the contours of the ear canal provides a rare design delicacy. The model also offers an IPX-7 rated waterproofing advantage along with gel flex silicone buds for the best comfort possible.
- It offers authentic fidelity audio quality enhanced by the latest 4.1 CSR Bluetooth technology acoustic properties capable of furnishing exceptional audio quality with bass and state of the art treble.
- It houses a lithium polymer battery that allows music for 8 hours and 240 hours standby along with a charging interval of 1.5 hours.
- Supports 6.0 noise suppression technology
- Can extend to up to 30 feet from the Bluetooth enabled device.
- It provides an affordable option for those on a budget.
- Excellent battery life to sustain the musical and calls need through a prolonged period.
- A unique array of extra enhancements for a device in a lower price range.
- It provides a dual port USB car charger.
- A few more dollars can manage to get a device with upgraded sound quality.
This is one great example of a highly affordable device that gives you a satisfactory experience if all you are looking for is nothing more than this. It is a gadget worth your consideration for under 30 dollars.
4) LG Electronics Tone Pro HBS-760 – Best Wireless In Ear Headphones
Two factors should almost always click in your mind when you are looking for an ideal pair of headsets, and these are Sound quality and comfort. The LG Tone Pro HBS is one the few buds out there that give you all and perhaps a little more. It gives you the right balance of phenomenal sound quality and comfort. It is one of LG’s newest releases with style, transitioning and fit that gives you the feeling of having to get on and enjoy an energetic and triumphant day.
Let’s take a few moments to dwell on what sets this pair of buds apart in the realm of comfort and style. This gadget includes some ear cups of different sizes making it a complete breeze to achieve the right fit. A perfect fit for both moderate and aggressive workouts, they give you the ideal wear you require on any terrain with a five-star performance.
- Type of microphone: Digital mic (MEMS)
- Bluetooth Version: 4.1
- Bluetooth Profiles: HFP 1.6, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP
- Microphone Mute:
- Auto Reconnect:
- aptX Compatible:
- Talk Time: Up to sixteen hrs.
- Standby Time: 23 days
- Music Play Time: Up to 10.5 hours
- Charging Time: Less than 2 hours
- Dimensions: 5.43 x 6.73 x 0.64 Inches
- Battery type: Lithium ion batteries.
A key feature of this gadget is the quad layer Technology that enables it to provide studio quality with almost absent hitches in performance. It provides an amazing harmony of the high and the lows coupled with near perfect sound clarity. Though it’s not necessarily advisable and unlikely for daily use, you are free to turn the volume to the highest possible level without any annoying effects on the quality of the sound that is coming through.
Equipped with the latest newest Bluetooth 4.1 technology, you are assured of a fully wireless connection that is void of dark spots. With this earbud, being a clear upgrade of its predecessor, a single charge assures you of up to 16 hours of talking and 11 hours of music. A standard pair of buds has a usual playtime that extends up to eight hours proving an advantage of at least 3 hours of playtime.
On the outside of the headsets are a few conveniently placed buttons to allow you the much-needed control of calls and the music. There is no need to reach out to your mp3 player or your smartphone to change your tracks or pick a call.
The voice command feature affords this device a big plus. With the help of the A2DP and aptX voice compatibility, you will be glad to dial numbers and make calls through using simple voice commands. Additionally, the iPhone provides the Siri option which can afford you an array of cool stuff like calling your contacts, messaging, creating reminders and reading texts aloud.
The LG Tone HBS is one of the best earbuds you can find out there. It supports its price tag with the comfort and feature set that can only be rivaled by the best of the best earbuds in existence today.
5) Bonday Cordless Earbud – V4.2 – Best Wireless Earbuds
Here is an earnest warning: don’t be fooled by the simplicity of these earbuds, they are a bunch of stubborn sound machines that can fire you up on that treadmill or Rowing machine. An unbelievable array of great features set these earbuds among the very best in the sound world. Let us explore a little more details to see if this is true at all.
Get them out of the box, and you will be greeted by a pleasing sight of two sleek and all black earbuds elegantly design to fit the contours of your ear. The package includes the two buds, four ear cups of different sizes, a charging box with an inbuilt magnetic suction, and a portable charging box power bank with a battery. Regarding dimensions, the overall size takes 6.6x 4.8 x 2.9 inches in combination. The weight is a negligible 3.2 ounces.
- It uses the CSR chip technology
- Supports Bluetooth 4.2 which has a range of 10 meters.
- It supports hands-free phone calls.
- It has a 300mAh battery housed in the portable mini charging box.
- It has a 7-10 hr. Playtime duration and a 120 hr. Standby duration.
- It can connect two devices at once.
- It has the CVC noise canceling technology for enhanced sound quality.
- It incorporates an inbuilt microphone
- It has an impressive Bluetooth range and performance.
- Exceptional playtime and standby time.
- Excellent sound quality through the aid of the noise canceling technology.
- Can accommodate more than one device at a time.
- Portable charging box to carry around.
- The lifespan of the power charger can be short with intensive use.
This is one of the earbuds out there that will make you work very hard to find any glaring faults. An excellent design for the active lifestyle and an impressive package of features that won’t make anyone regret the 60 bucks spent. No wonder it enjoys nice stars on Amazon.
6) Jabra 100-98600000-02 Elite Sport – Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
If you consider yourself sporty or much of a fitness enthusiast and you are looking for something that resonates with your cherished lifestyle, then Jabra Elite Sports earbuds should be worth your consideration. These earbuds feature a wide range of features including excellent wireless connectivity, above average call and audio quality and the liberty to enjoy your playlists and calls for about 3 hours. Additionally, the design saves you the hustle and headache that comes with headphones constantly falling off or losing their grip on your ear contours. A few other qualities and specs adorn this gadgets display of prowess, and we will explore them in this guide.
Like most elite earbuds, this earbuds package isn’t found wanting on the sleekness and elegance scale. A sweet all-black box harbors two cunningly crafted earbuds that combine black-beauty and practicality. The product dimensions take us to a combination of 1.75 x 4.72 x 7.09 inches accompanied by a weight of 6.4 ounces. A highlight of the design is the comfortable and secure fit that shows you the designers took time to study the human ear to make the best possible design for practicality. The design also has proven waterproof properties graded as IP54-X water resistant which somehow gives the manufacturers the confidence to provide a three-year warranty for sweat.
- It offers 3 hours of talk and music time with 6 hours of battery life from the charging case.
- Secure cord-free fit with the freedom to put on one or both buds.
- Inbuilt high precision heart rate monitor and fitness analyzer. Additional applications include in-ear coaching, race pace calculator and recovery advice.
- Two lithium batteries required.
- IP67 water-resistance rated.
- Superior comfort and practicality with a perfect fit for the most active lifestyles.
- Excellent battery life.
- An impressive array of features for fitness enthusiasts including heart rate monitors, fitness analyzers and in-ear coaching and race pace calculators.
- Great sweat resistant properties with an additional three yr warranty for sweat.
- The price tag may not be appealing to some who would prefer something more modest.
This is an excellent pair of earbuds for those who are looking for something that reflects a healthful sporty lifestyle. It surely won’t fall short of expectations when you are trying to combine a solid workout with some great music while you are staying in touch. It has a strong argument to the purported price tag.
7) Revolutionary Bluetooth4.2
Whether you are a break-dancer, or a sportsman or a tech-savvy person looking for something that offers cutting-edge sound coupled with excellent ergonomics, try this device out. The Parihy provides an impressive array of features that will blow you away. Let’s have a look and see if this is true at all.
The overall design doesn’t fall any short of the excellent standard. As soon as you take it out of the box, you will realize you are holding an example of dedicated excellence in design. The 6.8 x 3.6 x 2.1 inches and 8-ounce package gives way to a beautiful pair of buds that will make you feel like a tech guru by all means. Out of the box, the package includes left and right earbuds, a charge box, USB cable, ear caps of different sizes and a user manual.
- Efficient charging system: The system gets rid of the inconveniences that come with overcharging, repeated charging and supports fast charging in the first 30minutes. It’s also programmed to change to trickle charge to charge box battery life and prolong earphones.
- The 2*55mAh vs. 2*40mAh enable a four hr talk time and 2.5 hours of music play.
- The charge box gets all the way to 900mAh supporting up to 8 rounds charge and allows 15-26 hours of playing time.
- Supports Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- Supports Aptx, CVS 6.0 technology, super bass, A2DP/AVRCP, and 10mm high quality vibrating diaphragm for real 3D sound.
- Excellent comfort and security for any lifestyle.
- Superior talk and music play time.
- It has an efficient charging box that edges other similar devices.
- Superior sound quality with support for a wide range of applications to make your experiences best as possible.
- Unspecified soundproof properties.
The right and best wireless earbuds offer a lot for a modest price and provide an excellent array of properties to justify the claim. You are bound for a lot of trouble if you are into a fault-finding adventure with this gem. Great stuff indeed from Parity!!
8) Samsung Level U Pro Bluetooth – Best Wireless Earbuds For Running
This gadget is one gem that lives up to Samsung’s legacy that manifests itself in design elegance and superior feature set. The level U pro provides a high-quality audio technology capable of furnishing 24-bit digital audio with the compatibility of up to 2x with select Samsung Galaxy Devices. The Ergonomics do not disappoint as well as they put an around the neck design that won’t irritate your nerves in any way. It also seems the device cares for a wide range of lifestyles. Let’s look at the highlights of this great invention.
As soon as you open the box, you will witness the sophistication of simplicity that often comes with Samsung products. The design may well be considered as a masterpiece of ergonomics as it provides a great around the neck fit that keeps your music and calls within touch. The gadget is equipped with smart magnets within the buds that allow music and call control when connected. The 13-millimeter dynamic and Piezo units are capable of dispatching high-quality sounds along with a dual noise reduction microphone and echo cancellation to reduce outside interference.
- It has an Ultra High-Quality Audio Technology capable of a true 24-bit digital audio which boasts of up to 2 times frequency range than the CD-quality wireless sound.
- It has customizable urethane points for a comfortable 4.1 Bluetooth fit.
- Inbuilt noise shielding microphone
- Includes noise isolating ear gels that enhance sound clarity.
- It comes with the Samsung level app which caters for extra features like sound live, Volume Monitor and text to speech when connected with Samsung Bluetooth headphones.
- Exceptional waterproof properties.
- Sleek and practical design for all lifestyles.
- Superior sound quality enhanced by noise cancellation microphones.
- Latest Bluetooth technology.
- Awesome extra features including the gel and Samsung level app to keep your experience top notch.
- The price tag may not convince budget buyers.
- The treble quality may be found lagging when compared with other devices.
This is a top Samsung gadget that lives up to expectation with some great features in both design and performance. Though you may spend at least extra dollars, there is certainly plenty of premises to support your decision to splash some cash.
9) Hopday U8 – Best Wireless Earbuds for Running Exercising
The Hopday U8 certainly deserves a spot on any guide that covers affordable devices that can deliver to any savvy wireless devices geek’s expectations. At only nineteen dollars the gadget offers some advanced technology that puts Bluetooth V4.1+EDR audio decoding technology, compatibility with numerous applications on smartphones and other Bluetooth enabled devices on the table.
Let us see if it’s worth our limited time for consideration.
A dimensional combination of 1.3×0.5×1.1 inches plus 0.8 ounces gives it a not less than expected size and weight to live up to. This combined with an ultraportable design with a hook that will hold on to your ear in any activity provides just what you need out of a gadget in an identical price range.
The box comes with some items including three ear tips, three ear hooks, one chargeable cable and one user manual calculating.
- Cutting edge Bluetooth 4.1 EDR technology
- CVC6 Noise reduction technology.
- It includes a 10mAh Lithium-ion battery.
- IP68 water and sweat-proof design technology to enable tolerance for any sweaty activity.
- Can serve up to 9 hours of talk time and 250 hours of standby time after charging for only 2 hrs.
- Compatible with both android and apple devices.
- Exceptional battery life with supporting playtime and call hours in both theory and practice.
- The presence of CVC6 technology provides for an above average noise reduction mechanism.
- It allows connection to multiple devices at once.
- Superior audio quality with an inbuilt HD microphone along with the CVC 6.0.
- Sweat IPX7 waterproof properties along with an attractive and durable design.
- Relatively affordable.
- The sound quality seems good enough, but you can get better quality from most similar devices which require a few more dollars.
The HOPDAY U8 is one stubborn device for the price and gives a fair array of features that wouldn’t disappoint anyone who is looking for nothing much more than a reasonably priced pair of earbuds that will provide acceptable performance.
10) Anker SoundBuds (NB10) Wireless Earbuds for Running/Work Out
The Anker NB10 furnishes another great option that offers a balance of practicality in a wide range of activities and superior performance. The gadget provides plenty of good reasons for a bit of consideration. Let us get to the basics for an outlook of its worth.
The design gives an immediate impression of a commitment to flexibility and elegance just like other prominent high-end earbuds. A sleek black design display a cleverly weaved earpiece shape that almost guarantees a secure and firm fit. A dimensional combination of 1.8x16x0.8 inches with a weight of 0.64 ounces testifies to its comfort and practicality. The ear wrap-around design plus the adjustable Fit clips adorn the device with a high tech look that would gratify any tech-savvy person’s curiosity.
The design also offers an IPX5 rated + a Nano coating for optimal water protection.
- The latest V4.1 Bluetooth technology offers efficient Bluetooth connection.
- It offers a 12mm driver unit with enhanced bass.
- It supports CVC 6.0 noise cancellation.
- 33ft Bluetooth range.
- It has a Six hr playtime for a workout.
- It offers ear tips of various sizes (S/M/L)
- IPX-5 rated with Nano-coating
- It provides the right balance between the price and the available features.
- High-quality Bluetooth performance and range.
- Reasonable battery life for an average active daily routine.
- Offers interchangeable ear tips that provide a secure fit for high-intensity activity or exercise.
- The volume seems to be a bit on the lower side especially when you are into high volume buds otherwise it is a midrange product that provides overall satisfactory quality.
This is a gadget that is worth your attention if you are seriously considering splashing the dollars for quality sound and excellent supporting features. There is virtually finesse in every aspect of the earphones thus adding another invention from Anker.
11) Anker SoundBuds Bluetooth 4.1 Lightweight Stereo IPX5 Earbuds
The Anker sound buds provide you a pretty decent gadget for a price tag. The sleekness will trick you into thinking it’s some high-end wireless gadget. A good deal of features offers a performance that won’t necessarily let you down for that hard earned cash. Let’s have a little journey of appreciation of its worth and see if the price is justified.
The Anker Slim offers one of the most beautiful black earbuds around with a black and yet shiny design that fits securely on your ear. Out of the box, your sight is gladly met by Slim Sound buds, XS/S/M/L Ear tips, S/M/L in-ear hooks, a shirt clip, Micro USB cable, a travel pouch, a guide and an 18-month warranty. It gives a dimensional combination of 1.25×21.77×0.47 inches and a less than 0.1-ounce weight proving its commitment to your comfort in an objective way. The IPX5 Nano coating promises excellent security against sweat or rain.
- It houses 6mm drivers that synchronize with the Bluetooth 4.1 tech to provide robust and faultless audio quality.
- Up to 7 hours of playtime after a single charge.
- IPX5 Water resistance by a shell and an internal Nano coating that gives a double barrier to water and other liquids.
- Offers the ability to control music and calls with an inline microphone and remote control.
- It offers an affordable option for anyone with a stringent budget.
- Reasonable water resistance.
- Decent battery life
- It has a few problems at higher volumes including a loose bass and a harsh treble.
The Anker Sound buds provide a much affordable option for anyone looking for a pair of headphones without any sterner preferences to do with sound quality. Overall it manages to offer some decent quality for the money.
Well, it all comes down to the status of your monetary resources and finding the best buds for your lifestyle in that range. Balance is still key to your choice just like any other personal tech device. Whether you are running on a stringent budget or not, this guide provides the best options available for everyone. We hope the information contribute to your decision making.
Best Wireless Earbuds 2018 – Buyer’s Guide (DEEP INSIGHT)
Here is a comprehensive buying guide for best wireless earbuds 2018 to have a deep insight for a better decision.
Having considered some of the best wireless earbuds around, we have purposed to nurture your knowledge further by coming up with the relevant guidelines to make sure you choose just what is best for you. It is not enough in itself to know the best earbuds around with stellar specifications and advanced technologies. You need to go beyond the technology and blend it with your personal preferences to find the best fit. This review will discuss the relevant factors that influence the best earbud buying practices under earbud types, unique features, and lifestyle. We will also attempt to provide the frequently asked questions to save your time and simplify your efforts in the end. Guild up the loins of your mind, join the ride and let’s get started.
Wireless Earbuds Types
Earbuds occur in two main types, that is when the term is used to apply to both in-ear phones and earphones. There are those that do not involve any wires for signal or data transmission called wireless earbuds, and then there are those that rely on methods which include cables or cords for data or signal transmission. It is crystal clear that the never-ending advancement of technology is driving the world towards wireless means as far as data transmission is concerned. Wireless headphones exist in 3 main types. The first type is the gold standard and probably the best of them all, Bluetooth headphones. They might be the newest on the stage, but they offer a lot of advantages which are making other wireless methods obsolete. These are exceptional for use with mobile devices, and the advent of the smartphone has given them rock star status among other wireless headphones. This makes them your natural choice if all you need is a connection with your mobile device.
The second type is the infrared headphones. Infrared headphones are used for older TVs and other gadgets that do not house any inbuilt wireless capabilities other than infrared. In this cadre, there is usually a receiver which is plugged into a headphone plug which then wirelessly connects to the headset. This is great for old TVs in principle, but it makes for a poor option to use in music players and other more sophisticated sounds. They are not the ideal choice in today’s world. Simply let the bygones be bygones.
The last type worthy of our appreciation is the UHF headphone. These are an upgrade of the infrared headphones as they provide a boosted range regarding coverage. This can be a handy solution if there is the need for using older technology devices that do not hold any Bluetooth or other wireless capabilities.
The additional wireless methods have been described for you in case you are looking for something other than Bluetooth devices otherwise this review will place its focus on Bluetooth earbuds.
Perhaps sound quality is the most obvious of the special features that you need to think of before splashing any cash for an earbud. One of the worst things in the sound world is being determined to buy an earbud with the hard earned cash only to find out that it can only produce nothing but mediocre sounds that wreck havoc on that carefully selected playlist to power your workout. Too much disappointment, we discovered most earbuds are designed with sound quality at the back of the designers head rather than the forehead. Compare them with wired headphones, and to your disappointment, you will realize that you don’t have to be an audiologist to notice the wired headphones are much better than the wireless earbud.
Sound quality is influenced by some factors, and one of the most prevalent is the type of codec that your Bluetooth wireless device supports. To get into a little more into details about codecs, they are simply algorithms that help to compress data to enable it to be transferred faster and easier. There are various codecs of which some are average, and some are better based on their efficiency to transfer the data. Better codecs transfer data with fewer losses than others. Examples of codecs are the Standard Bluetooth codec, AAC, and aptX. The SBC is the codec that comes as a default for stereo Bluetooth headphones and is capable of providing good audio quality without a lot of processing power to transfer data. The downside is that this code is that it is vulnerable to inconsistencies sometimes leading to compromised audio quality which is a usual observation in cheap Bluetooth devices. The AAC and aptX provide more advanced codecs which provide better quality transmission of data and thus better sounds. The aptX also has more advanced variants in aptX (LL) and aptX HD that offer better transmissions. The only downside of the more advanced codecs is that some devices may not be able to support them which raises the need to crosscheck with your phone before any purchase. If you are up for sound quality, it is surely time well spent to check if your device supports the better codecs and then choose accordingly.
The Battery Life
You surely wouldn’t fancy an earbud that won’t last the early morning 30-minute jog on your treadmill or the outdoors. Battery life matters for the obvious reason that it is, of course, the very life of the wireless earbud itself. Whether it’s the sophisticated Bluetooth algorithm that powers it or the fitness tracking software, everything dies along with the battery as it dies in the course of time. In general terms, it will serve you well if you make the prudent choice of checking how far in time your battery can go to make sure you are not interrupted.
There are three main important aspects relating to battery life that you need to consider. There is what is known as the play time which is the amount of time the earbud can stay alive playing something after a single charge. Standby time refers to the amount of time the earbud can stay alive without anything playing after a single charge and then there is what is known as the battery charge time which is the amount of time it takes the battery to be fully charged. Most earbuds have a playtime of over 7 hours which is good enough to sustain you through the day, but there seem to be additional factors that matter as well. In addition to normal stuff like music and calls, some earbuds support extra features like the fitness tracker which may also take a fair share of the power thus reducing the battery life. Most wireless earbuds come along with a charging case that can hold some extra gas thus extending your earbuds life by considerable amounts, that is, given that the charging case is portable enough to carry around. Having considered this, it is more than prudent to check the battery life specifications and see if it fits into your routine be it exercise or other activities that you feel may need sound from the earbuds to give you a push.
Consider Your Comfort And Earbuds Stability
No one wants his or her work out to be disturbed by a pair of earbuds that keep falling off when it should be serving the noble purpose of powering them through the regimen. Also, no one will also give a positive appreciation to a pair of earbuds that keep on irritating the ears while they are supposed to keep you focused. This is why you seriously need to consider the ability of the headphones to stay on board depending on your routine. Some earphones are designed to fit in the natural lines of the ear to enhance comfort and stability while others are designed with wings to hold on to the ear pinna to make sure they stay in place. Earbuds with ear wings are more secure and are an ideal choice for runners or others involved in more intense activities.
Does It Support Fitness Tracking?
This is an amazing feature especially for those who value physical fitness and would like a pair of earbuds that won’t only provide some music but has the guts to help them work smart. The fitness tracking feature helps you to track your heart rate throughout the workout and it also includes accelerometers. Knowing how your heart is responding to exercise is golden to having a well-planned exercise routine. In fact, most tests for fitness status and progress rely on your heart rate, therefore, having a pair of buds that can provide this kind of information means having buds that go the extra mile enriching your health-seeking experience.
Consider The Penny
The amount of coin is, of course, one factor that can’t be ignored by anyone trying to help you buy the best earbuds for your needs. The pocket is usually the starting point as it is what determines which range of devices to consider. Just like most gadgets driving our ever-changing technological landscape, there is the low end, the middle and the high end. It is a hard fact that the cheaper it gets, the lower the quality and the more expensive it gets, the higher the quality and fanciness. It all comes down to your taste and how fat your pocket is. If money is not an issue and you have the tendency for things which offer a little more, you can settle for more premium earbuds that usually get up to 250 euros or higher. Just make sure that what you are getting on the market provides the value for your money according to our review and others. For those who are on the budget side of things, it comes down to identifying the balance between cost and value. Just avoid the gadgets which are unbelievably cheap because you may end up buying some earbuds which you would rather keep at home than having them harass your workout routine. Always settle for that which makes every penny count, there are a lot of fakes around!
Consider The Software And User-Friendliness
Earbuds take varying forms when it comes to software. A good number of them are as easy as just a simple step of pairing them with your mobile device and then get on your feet to face the outdoors. Others get a little smarter and may need particular applications which you may need to run to get them to function. Some applications require a lot of getting used to while some are a pure breeze. Some are a joyful experience regarding quality while others make you wonder why the designers spent a lot of their valuable time designing them. Whichever the case, your choice will come down to which setup or application suits you best, of course with the rest of the factors in mind.
Before looking at a pair of earbuds for the much-needed sound, it is never less than a wise thing to do to start by looking at yourself first. Ask yourself why you need the headphone and how you will be using it otherwise you will find yourself in a position where you have what you fancied dearly, but it’s more of a relic that you can’t use because it is impractical. Have a clear picture of your lifestyle and then start looking for what fits in. Portable Bluetooth earbuds are great for the typical busy body which will need the earbud to brave the physicality of workout routines and physically intensive jobs. The bigger buds are a good fit for the more reserved type of lifestyles like that of a self-acclaimed couch potato or the executive who just needs something enough to shield off the outside noise while listening to a favorite playlist. In short, the more active and physical you are, the more you have to worry about the stability of your earbuds and the less active and physical you are, the less you will have to worry about earbud stability.
The Form Of The Earbuds
Another factor you need to consider before plunging headfirst into the shopping spree is the form of the earbuds. Some earbuds are truly wireless, that is, they don’t involve any cords or wires in any way whereas others are considered a little less because they include some form of wiring which is commonly a pair of wires that connect to small remote control. Each of these has their goods or evils, in other words, termed advantages and disadvantages. True wireless earbuds are great and make you feel alive and moving with the times but they may not necessarily be a good fit for some types of people. If you are someone who keeps losing small things, need a lot of playtimes through the day and on a budget, they may not be the best choice. Wireless earbuds have the following shortfalls:
- The small size makes them vulnerable to get lost if you don’t have a good obsession with order.
- The battery life can be limited.
- They usually hold a higher price tag when compared with their older cousins.
Consider The Call-Handling Performance
Earbuds are not just about music and radios; they are also about making your calls as convenient as possible. If your intentions include using the headsets for calls, then it’s important to find out how a particular set handles calls. Reviews can be handy with this as they give you a good outlook on what current users experiences are like. Some earbuds are hardwired to produce superior music performance while sacrificing the call performance and others handle calls very well while providing an average performance with other users. Bearing this in mind, your predicted call usage will influence your choice.
To put things in a nutshell, these are the crucial factors that you need to look at before taking the plunge into the earbud store or shop. Put this into practice, and you are bound to have a satisfactory experience in both choosing your best fit and the actual workout or home routine.
- Is there any difference between earbuds and earphones?
The difference is that earbuds are limited to the outer concha ridge of the ear which is located at the center of the ear whereas in-ear headphones are simply placed inside the ear canal.
- Are SBC Bluetooth devices superior to aptX?
In principle. aptX Bluetooth should be superior to standard sub coding. Lab experiments have demonstrated the difference between latency and sound quality.
- What are the Best Wireless Earbuds regarding stability and comfort for sports and workouts?
Those with ear wings are the most stable when it comes to vigorous activity.
- Are aptX HD Bluetooth enabled earbuds superior to aptX earbuds?
In a theoretical sense, the aptX HD seems to have an advantage over the aptX as it is an improved version. However, it is yet to be established through objective lab or practical tests.
- Are Bluetooth wireless earbuds the only wireless option around?
There are other wireless options available, and these include UHF and Infrared, but there seem to be a few devices around which can support them.